QUOTE(frosteternal @ Apr 13 2009, 04:02 PM)
A word for when you tweak - I recommend looking at your holds/timing to get more "snap" to your movements. It feels just a bit on the floaty side.
hmmm...Floaty you say? Uh ...in Meeska clip? or the others? or all? Can you give me more info as to where ? (sorry I didn't put a frame counter in)
When I said I might
tweak - I wasn't thinking floaty tweaking ...The problems I see (with Meeska Martha Mouska clip), which bother me are :
1) penetration of ear with tail, and tail with ball
2) tail movement is non-expressive - didn't put any effort into it. Movement needs to be more deliberate, more lagging with body, more changing of shape as Meeska turns - Tail movement should be more interesting. Finger, hand positioning needs more interesting poses.
3) The ball movements also need more expressiveness - might require some additional rigging - to suggest a head/body. I don't like how the final lean in of the balls towards the mouse is done, needs anticipation and a better coordinated "ganging up" on mouselady. Balls don't always look like they make good contact with the ground. Not satisfied with portrayal of differing personalities of balls based on size (sluggish, frenetic, etc) as they creep up on Meeska. I was getting uncomfortable about the length of time of the clip...as I think it's about 12 secs? - They are supposed to be in range of 3-9 secs.
4) Hair penetrates ears & movement of head hair is too springy. Maybe this gives the feeling of overall floatiness? I'd like to solve the penetration issue without using collision detection - things seem to go wonky with CD. Might try isolating groups of particle hair - and assign bones to move the groups.
5) Don't like the texture mapping on her sleeves and legs. The color & type of shoes needs to be changed.
6) reflections are too bright (don't know what to do about that)
7) Dodo brain did this at 24 fps, rather than 30.
But FLOATY? You saying my bal..er the balls are floaty? Eh Jesse?