QUOTE(yoda64 @ Oct 3 2008, 01:31 AM)
There is a simple trick :-)
The single brick should have a group and a bone . Than build the wall with the brick plugin , export the chor as mdl , import this created model, delete the unneeded groundplane in this model and now the most time consuming part, rename the bones to Explode_xxxx and the correspondending groups to Explode_xxxx , now You have a single wall model , that can be used as Dynamic Breakable Explodeobject .
I have the same situation. I want to decal the wall. I found a zippy bingo fast and speedy fixaroo for renaming the bones and groups in the exported wall model from a choreography. Takes seconds.
I am using jEdit, which is a free open source text editor but you can use anything that has regular expression search and can save as plain text.
Open the model file in jEdit (or whatever). Find the name of one of the bones or groups in the model file text. When I did this with AM it named all the bones of each placed brick like this:
Shortcut to Model1 (105) - COG
I used the cube primitive from the library, so the extra bone was already there and it is named "COG" for some reason. That name is repeated exactly the same way for x number of times for each brick. It's always the same only the NUMBER changes.
The groups are named like this:
Shortcut to Model1 (105) - brick1
I named the group "brick1" in the original brick model.
To easily and quickly change the names of all the bones and preserve the number in my file I used this for my search pattern (make sure you check the "regex" or regular expression button in whatever program you use).
Shortcut to Model1 \(([0-9]+)\) - COG
The important bit is the area around the number of the bone.
The first set or "outer" set of parentheses are part of the text itself so should be "escaped" by using the back slash in front of them \( and \). The second set of parentheses are for CAPTURING the found number which is 1 or more digits from 0-9. ([0-9]+). The + sign indicates 1 or more of what is inside the brackets. 0-9 is a range, like a-z or 6-9 etc. So it will find ANY pattern of numbers inside parentheses.
The inner set of parentheses captures this series of numbers and "saves" it for replacing.
This is the replacement pattern I used:
I've replaced the whole found text with "brick_" and "$1". In jEdit the $ followed by a digit "1" in this case indicates the first saved capture or the first thing wrapped in (). You can have as many of those () as you want $1 $2 $3 etc, and use them in the replacement.
So I hit replace all with this set up in my search and replace in jEdit and every instance of the name:
Shortcut to Model1 (xxx) - COG
Is changed to:
Now I repeat but change it to the name of the group...
Shortcut to Model1 \(([0-9]+)\) - brick1
In a matter of seconds I changed the names of over 150 bones and groups in my brick wall model. Each bone and group is numbered correctly and uniquely. No chance of user error.
Any questions feel free to ask. Like I said many applications use different forms of regular expression search patterns. These work for jEdit.
 you may have to change the name of the first shortcut or instance in the chor "model". It doesn't have a number added to it and the search and replace won't find those names. You could however modify the name of the shortcut in the chor to match the others before saving as a model so the search and replace works for all the bones and groups.