QUOTE(KenH @ Aug 31 2008, 04:11 AM)
This is quite a feat you're pulling off Katt. Nice work and you should be proud of yourself no matter what's said. In this clip I especially love the demon and voice even though he's not in it long.
Some things confuse me though:
1) The change to the sword.....it could be clearer. The sword is always there but the boy flashes in the background. Maybe he should disappear when the sword appears so the audience can make the connection that he is
the sword. This is such a crucial plot line that there should be no doubts.
2) When the witch appears, I think the camera angle needs to be different. Maybe a long shot so we see her come into shot and that the wizard is surprised by her sudden entrance. At the moment, it's just a cut. For all we know, the witch could be somewhere else. I appreciate the fact that I know what happens now is proof that people will work it out. But I think you could milk the moment more.
3) How does the witch know to beware of a demon specifically? The wizard doesn't say. If the wizard "congers up" the demon, it would be nice to see that. Otherwise, the demon could have strolled into shot from a walk in the woods and the wizard is wanting the witch to watch out for it.
Or maybe the demon is there with the witch? It's hard to tell from a short clip I guess.
4) What exactly is Trell doing when the witch appears? It appears he reaches for something, but it's too short to tell.
5) A small thing....in the beginning, when the witch says "Find the wizard broom"....her face is in it's default state all the time. I understand the camera cuts don't show her when she's talking but she would be scowling or something as she says it. It feels like a narration at the moment.
And yes, some stars in the background will allow people to get perspective. Right now, it could be either the camera or witch moving.
Finally, when the wizard says the word "astute" his left arm snaps from IK to FK positions. It's at the start of a cut for one frame so easy to miss.
Your right, when Trell flashes into the sword is a very important part, after looking at the scene again I see what you mean, he dose flash out, but... maybe showing just the sword longer, with out Trell in the scene would do it.
I have that scene of the witch, as she comes in with the wizard and the elf, but I cut it out, when I added the voices. As Lena said "this forest well be mine" the wizard said "what". I didn't want the wizard to have time the use his magic against the witch before she changed Trell into the sword.. that's why I went right to Trell who draws his sword. maybe I'll re-think that as well ,
As far a the demon, all that is explained in the next movie segment.
I could add or redo when the witch said " Find the wizard broom".... it will be more interesting and help in building her character.
I've looked for this, his left arm snaps from IK to FK positions. I'll have to look again. you and Mark have giving me a lot to work out, as always thank for your input.