Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Krewl's Golden Scepter
Hash, Inc. Forums > Featured > Feature Films: Tin Woodman of Oz - Scarecrow of Oz > Scarecrow of Oz > SO:Texturing
seancwall
I'd like to try texturing Krewl's Scepter. That seems like a reasonable place to start where I can't do too much damage. rolleyes.gif

One caveat: I'll be on vacation next week (7/13 - 7/20) so I won't have an opportunity to work on it then. Should I not claim it now?

-Sean
seancwall
QUOTE(seancwall @ Jul 9 2008, 06:40 AM) *
I'd like to try texturing Krewl's Scepter. That seems like a reasonable place to start where I can't do too much damage. rolleyes.gif

One caveat: I'll be on vacation next week (7/13 - 7/20) so I won't have an opportunity to work on it then. Should I not claim it now?

-Sean

Actually, I can bring my MacBook with me and work on it a bit. I'm not sure if I'll be able to upload updates since I'll be at sea and I'm willing to bet the wireless Ethernet rates on the ship are a bit steep. wink.gif
NancyGormezano
QUOTE(seancwall @ Jul 9 2008, 07:40 AM) *

-Sean

Not a problem - work on it when you get back
seancwall
QUOTE(NancyGormezano @ Jul 9 2008, 08:33 AM) *
QUOTE(seancwall @ Jul 9 2008, 07:40 AM) *

-Sean

Not a problem - work on it when you get back

Great! Will do.
seancwall
Here's my first attempt at texturing Krewl's Scepter. I didn't want the gold of his scepter to be too shiny. What do you think so far?

Click to view attachment
seancwall
I've commited the .mdl and the two .mat files (one for the gold and one for the rubies) to SVN as well in the appropriate places. TortoiseSVN is very nice, BTW. We use CVS at my workplace and using Tortoise is a pleasure compared to the tools I normally use. smile.gif
HomeSlice
That looks like a textured Scepter to me. Nice job.
KenH
Nice looking scepter! We could use that table too. biggrin.gif In face furniture is a big need.

CVS you say? I'm interested in what the difference is. How is SVN better?
seancwall
QUOTE(KenH @ Jul 10 2008, 04:11 AM) *
Nice looking scepter! We could use that table too. biggrin.gif In face furniture is a big need.

CVS you say? I'm interested in what the difference is. How is SVN better?

Actually, the table is the 'Kidney Table' from the CD! biggrin.gif There's quite a few nice props in there.

CVS (for 'Concurrent Version System') is the predecessor to Subversion. In fact, Subversion was designed to be CVS' replacement. They work very similarly with respect to commits, updates, etc. But they handle file revisions differently. Basically, CVS does revisions per file, while Subversion essentially copies the whole source tree on a commit (no really, of course, but that's the way it looks). SVN's revisioning is much nicer from a development standpoint. TortoiseSVN is also a very nice client, so it makes it even nicer to work with.

I'm working on Krewl's crown next. I think I'll try to grab Krewl's throne when it's available and make it a matched set. wink.gif

KenH
Ah...thanks! Sounds good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.