Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does this action create unexpected results
Hash, Inc. Forums > Featured > Feature Films: Tin Woodman of Oz - Scarecrow of Oz > Tin Woodman of Oz > TWO Animating
robcat2075
I have this shot where Scarecrow is in the background counting off a list.

Rather than animate him counting each item separately I made an action that has him going thru the motion once, beginning and ending in the same pose as he is in in the main chor.

I figured i could just drop the action onto him multiple times and slide them around to match the voice track. With the action set to "replace" and "hold last frame" OFF it should take control of the character when the the time is in the bounds of the action's "red bar" and give it back to the chor action after that. And since the begining and end of the action are the same pose as what is inthe chor there should be no jump at the changeover points.

But instead, when the chor redbar and the action redbar coincide, the character's arms lock into a shape I hadn't made and no animation happens.

It is extra weird since the action has keys on many bones but only the arm bones go crazy.

I've committed 2_02_18actiontest.prj to the SVN that strips the shot down to the basic problem if anyone has any ideas about what has gone wrong here.

thanks!
spacecomics
Maybe this doesn't address the whole problem, but maybe part of it's the order under the Project Workspace? The Shortcuts to Scarecrowmakinglist need to be underneath the Choreography Action2 ?

Like this?
robcat2075
QUOTE(spacecomics @ Jan 11 2008, 05:08 AM) *
Maybe this doesn't address the whole problem, but maybe part of it's the order under the Project Workspace? The Shortcuts to Scarecrowmakinglist need to be underneath the Choreography Action2 ?

Like this?

well, at least that gets some animation, but I'm surprised it does anything at all. Shouldn't the chor2 red bar above the action redbar be taking precedence and stopping the action from doing anything? blink.gif

I guess the work-around is to make another action that just contains the motionless pose and wedge instances of that inbetween the moving actions and have no redbars overlapping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.