Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2_02 Foley Effects
Hash, Inc. Forums > Featured > Feature Films: Tin Woodman of Oz - Scarecrow of Oz > Tin Woodman of Oz > TWO Animating
Tralfaz
Here is the first run at the Foley effects for 2_02.

C&C always welcome...
Al

Click to view attachment
martin
At the end, the vine flying around will definitely need a whipping sound. (We actually have a more recent version of this sequence with everything animated - I'll have to see why you didn't get it?)
Tralfaz
QUOTE(martin @ Dec 29 2007, 08:34 PM) *
At the end, the vine flying around will definitely need a whipping sound. (We actually have a more recent version of this sequence with everything animated - I'll have to see why you didn't get it?)

Thanks Martin, an updated video would be great.

For the whipping vine, I wasn't sure which way to go with it (cartoony or more realistic sound), especially with Scarecrow bouncing right at the end of the clip.

Al
martin
QUOTE(Tralfaz @ Dec 29 2007, 06:30 PM) *
For the whipping vine, I wasn't sure which way to go with it (cartoony or more realistic sound),

Make it very apparent - it's got to come through the music.

especially with Scarecrow bouncing right at the end of the clip.

Add boink, boink, boink to accompany the bounce. It's supposed to be funny.
KenH
Yeah, I can hear that doing doing now. smile.gif

Also, you might consider making two or three different foot steps and vary them. It's sounding good though. I like the chops!
NancyGormezano
Cute sequence even without it being the most recent version - was a kick to see - Seems like every time I see a new sequence - I'm more & more impressed.
Tralfaz
QUOTE(martin @ Dec 29 2007, 09:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Tralfaz @ Dec 29 2007, 06:30 PM) *
For the whipping vine, I wasn't sure which way to go with it (cartoony or more realistic sound),

Make it very apparent - it's got to come through the music.

especially with Scarecrow bouncing right at the end of the clip.

Add boink, boink, boink to accompany the bounce. It's supposed to be funny.

Will do Martin. Will you be sending a link to the most recent video or is there some where that I can download it?

I will also work on different types of footsteps Ken.

I totally agree with you Nancy. It was one thing to see a two or three second WIP, but it is entirely different seeing longer sequences put together. Really look forward to seeing completely finished sequences. I think it is going to knock a lot of peoples socks off!!

Thanks...
Al
Tralfaz
Sorry for taking so long to update this. Been hectic with work, Christmas, New Years, and starting the dreaded work on my teeth at the dentist office. Spent Thursday morning in the chair while the dentist prepped all of my upper teeth for crowns and my mouth has been a tad sore for the past couple of days. I guess 32 freezing needles over a 4 hour period will do that....

Anyway, here is the updated foley work for 2_02. The new video is looking pretty good, even for just the single pass. Can't wait to see the whole movie done. It is going to look awesome!

C&C always welcome.

Al

Click to view attachment
Dhar
You're doing a fantastic job. All the sounds are on Q with just the right volume/subtlety.
Tralfaz
Thanks Dhar.

Updated Foley for revised video clip.

Al

Click to view attachment
martin
QUOTE(Tralfaz @ Jan 25 2008, 09:28 AM) *
Updated Foley for revised video clip.

Looks good - but where's the last scene with Scarecrow bouncing into frame from above?
Tralfaz
Sorry about that, my mistake. Missed the last couple of seconds when I rendered it out. blink.gif

Here is the complete video clip.

Al

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.