Yes I'm ripping off another contest. But the entries in that competition where so sucky I thought AM should show up it up. And I love the theme so why not.
The Lost World
Your Mission: (should you choose to avenge the glove I just slapped you with)
Create an image that shows of a lost civilization or 'dead' civilization. Do it on a grand scale.. or if you think you can pull it off.. on a small one. The stuff that legends and myths are built from. The subject could be an individual or group, a city or city-world. The Lost World as in an ancient abandoned civilization from thousands of years ago or civilization of creatures never discovered by human like an alien city on a different planet! It is limited by your imagination only.
The following part is important!
This Challenge is a Work-In-Progress Challenge -- all contestants are required to post their work-in-progress images for community to critique/comment in order to qualify.
1. Competition is open to everyone. You must enter by starting your own WIP thread in the WIP Forum. Title it "My Lost World WIP" with your name. Or something like that, I'm not a stickler.
2. Participate in the Community by critiquing other challenger's works in their WIP threads. The idea is to help everyone get better and to learn.
3. The entry must be created by a single artist, and only one entry per artist is allowed per contest (NOT multi-entries).
4. Submit your final entry before the end of the challenge (avoid the last-minute rush - get your entry in early).
5. Submit Work In Progress (WIP) images, obtain feedback and give feedback to other challengers in the WIP challenge. Note: Failure to do so will result in a 60 percent handicap being applied to your final vote count. Community interaction is a must!
6. The concept for the image must be created specifically for this contest, But you can use whatever parts or pieces you may have as well as images for backgrounds etc that you might be able to find.
7. Your WIP thread is evidence of your entry. So no WIP thread.. no entry.
8. No submission can or will be accepted past the submission deadline. Once the voting process begins, the entries are "locked," and the votes are cast immediately after the Voting Booth opens. No late entries will be accepted. The challenge may be extended if need be.
9. No trash talking in individual WIP threads. See optional rule below for that.
The Challenge begins now, March 01, 2007.
The deadline for this challenge is set to: Aug 06, 2007.
You may post all of your Taunts, Jibes, trash talk and other communications intended to intimidate in this thread.
ps. Good luck and I hope we get lots of participation. I'll see what can I can drum up for prizes.