I doubt this is the correct forum to put this, but I couldn't quite figure out the best place to put it. There isn't any forum for difficulties, or things behaving in an unexpected way.
I'm having some difficulties with the Sweeper plugin. Since it's not a 3rd party plugin anymore, I didn't know where else to turn. I'm trying to extrude (Sweep) an outline over a very large path. Very large. It's for a conveyor belt system inside a massive warehouse.
I've included some screenshots, with the following explanations...
1) The outline I want extruded. Nothing complicated or hard... it was drawn on the Front view...
2) A top down view of the path I wish to extrude to. I've tried with curved points (with a magnitude of 4%) and with peaked corners. As you can see, in comparison to my outline, it's a very very large path.
3) This shows a top down view of the resulting sweep object. You'll notice it's not really adhering to my path at all. Close to it, but not along it as I expected.
4) This shows the same path, and it's misalignment. I expected it to be along the path from a height perspective as well, but it's not even close.
5) Another top down view of the path, this time the outline I wish to extrude has been moved. This is to demonstrate another difficulty, which leads into the next pic
6) After the outline was moved, here's the resulting sweeper object. Just moving the outline screws up the extrusion this badly??
I have been able to use sweeper for smaller extrusions, and I'm wondering if this is due to the size of the path I'm trying to extrude along. I suppose I'll have to find another way of doing what I hope to accomplish, but I was hoping somebody might have a solution or at least an explanation of what's going wrong...