Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Character Head

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's working now. First off I'll confirm that the model so far looks wonderful, but you already knew that. <grins>

Have you put it through any animation test. The system may have changed since v11 alpha, but the last time I tried hair locks they wouldn't animate correctly. The locks do made nice eyelashes, but also exhibited unwanted behavior when the eyes closed or the head turned.

Hi, Iham

The eyelashes were used Normal Hair(not Hair Lock). :P

I will try to animat the hair, but I hope Hash they can add a function for LOCK the "Yellow Controller" or let us set the "Yellow Controller" rotote angle limit(for animate only).

I planned to use "Dynamic Constrain" on the hair, I think that should good for this case too.

Thanks

Antonyw

• Admin

Antony,

Wow!!! That is simply amazing. Thanks so much for the wireframe view too!

Looking at your efforts locks me into a battle within my mind. Concerning my own ability to model human characters like you can... one part of me says "Wow, you can do that with A:M too!" while the other part says, "Give it up Rodney you are officially done with your pathetic attempts at modeling."

Both of these internal 'voices' are brushed aside at the moment by a third voice that says, "I want to at least try to do that too!"

Bravo... More... please!

Best,

Schizorodney

Thanks for the replied :rolleyes:

The Ear shape has some problem, I hope.......I would fix it.

When I finished the rest(body, weapon...etc), I will post another finally render here.

Thanks

Antonyw

Antony,

Very nice! The hair looks great and so does the texturing. How does it look when you use raytrace shadows?

Jim

RayTrace Render take 8:40sec on my P4 1.6 with 512Mb Ram, No MultiPass, One Light cast shadow. I only turned on one Material cast shadow(3 splines).

I found that it is really hard to let the "Hair" have specular in Cho. Window(seems 100% no specular in the Rendered image), maybe I dont know how to let it work......, but hair specular in modeling window are no any problem.

If you guys have time, pls take some time to try the Hair's specular. and let us know how it work. Thanks in advanced. :rolleyes:

RayTrace Render is here

head_raytrace.jpg

Thanks

Wow! The raytracing really brings him to life. Nice lighting job!

I have found getting specular highlights in hair to be difficult if the hair is very thin, as it seems yours might be. You can try to thicken the hair but you may lose a little realism. (I assume you tried to increase the specular intensity and size for the hair already.)

Nice work,

Jim

Great image!

As for the hair specular highlights...

I think it may be the fact that until recently 3D characters didn't have to worry about having real hair. Most likely they are just using the wrong shampoo and conditioner combination. I Suggest he should try a hot oil treatment to give it more body and luster...

Please forgive me. I have been working to hard lately.

Seriously though, would density have any effect? If you have thin hair (as I do) the only specular highlights I get are from my scalp showing through.

Very impressive so far.

Vernon "The bald guy" Zehr

Amazing work! Stuff like this is the reason I like 3d. Have you finished the complete model and if so could we please have a look at the rest of him? Are you planning on animating him? Is there more characters like this to follow?

• Admin

INCREDIBLE! And I didn't think it could look much better than the first one you posted! Wow.

Will Sutton ran across something that might solve the hair issue.

Hope he sees this and knows what I'm talking about.

Keep posting those updates!

This is the kind of model I want to build but could not achieve it by other 3D app. I have except AM, I tried the hair with polygon generator in Carara with plug-in but it came out looking like a bear or porcupine.

I will spent more time in AM from now on, thank you for the inspiration!

Thank you for all the suggestions, I will try to increase the density of the hair, and when I finished the rest parts(body, sword...etc), then I will post another image here.

My suggestion for who want use a lot of Hair Lock's hair, u should beware your display card, My Radeon 9000(64mb ram) are always crash(shade + Fur display), but my Quadro2 MX/REX(32mb ram) without any problem. good luck.

Thanks again.

Antonyw

Hair Lock? would someone fill me in? is the same as the new hair we've all come to know in love in v11?

Looks really awesome, although at first I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be mail or female. The raytraced picture made it clear.

Hair Lock is A:M 10.5 features, not yet in v11. but u still can use in v11. just hold down shift then click in "hair" while u create hair material.

more info. is here

http://www.hash.com/am2003/Locks%20of%20Hair/index.htm

Just need little bit impovenment then the Hair Lock features can do almost any complicate hair style......Yes, it's really good hair system.

Antonyw

• 2 weeks later...