Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

OpenGL problem with V17/V18

fae_alba

I noticed this with 17g and simply reverted to v16. Yesterday I jumped on the V18 bandwagon, hoping it was a transient issue, but found it aint. It seems that my laptop, which happens to be my only workstation since I am a road warrior, has an Intel HD graphics card with OpenGL (here is a sys check)

Video Card Vendor: Intel

Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics

OpenGL Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2104

GLU Version: 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation

Current pixel format: 6

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i3)

DAC type: Internal

Front what I've seen on the intel forums this version of the chip type (Code i3) doesn't support OpenGL above 2.1. Any ideas, or am I stuck on version 16?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

in general you should be able to use OpenGL (I assume 1) again.

Can you start A:M or does it fail before starting?

If you can, go to "Tools > Options > Global" and change "Realtime Driver" from "OpenGL3" to "OpenGL".

If can't, you need to change it in the Registery of Windows (I assume you are using Windows... there is something equal on the Mac, but I do not own one and can't have a look at that. Maybe someone else can help there...)

1.) Go to start and type in "Run" (or search it, if you are not using Windows Vista or above). Klick on the entry you will get.

2.) Type in "regedit". (IMPORTANT: BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE! THIS IS THE WINDOWS REGISTERY AND IT MAY RESULT IN PROBLEMS IF YOU DO!)

3.) To set the different Driver, you need to create a new value in the following Registery-Folder:

> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hash, Inc.\Animation Master V18.0\Realtime Render"

Create an entry called "Driver Name" with the value "OpenGL" (needs to be a String-Value / REG_SZ).

See you

*Fuchur*

I noticed this with 17g and simply reverted to v16. Yesterday I jumped on the V18 bandwagon, hoping it was a transient issue, but found it aint. It seems that my laptop, which happens to be my only workstation since I am a road warrior, has an Intel HD graphics card with OpenGL (here is a sys check)

Video Card Vendor: Intel

Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics

OpenGL Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2104

GLU Version: 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation

Current pixel format: 6

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i3)

DAC type: Internal

Front what I've seen on the intel forums this version of the chip type (Code i3) doesn't support OpenGL above 2.1. Any ideas, or am I stuck on version 16?

Hi,

in general you should be able to use OpenGL (I assume 1) again.

Can you start A:M or does it fail before starting?

If you can, go to "Tools > Options > Global" and change "Realtime Driver" from "OpenGL3" to "OpenGL".

If can't, you need to change it in the Registery of Windows (I assume you are using Windows... there is something equal on the Mac, but I do not own one and can't have a look at that. Maybe someone else can help there...)

1.) Go to start and type in "Run" (or search it, if you are not using Windows Vista or above). Klick on the entry you will get.

2.) Type in "regedit". (IMPORTANT: BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE! THIS IS THE WINDOWS REGISTERY AND IT MAY RESULT IN PROBLEMS IF YOU DO!)

3.) To set the different Driver, you need to create a new value in the following Registery-Folder:

> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hash, Inc.\Animation Master V18.0\Realtime Render"

Create an entry called "Driver Name" with the value "OpenGL" (needs to be a String-Value / REG_SZ).

See you

*Fuchur*

Changing the settings to OpenGL from OpenGL3 was the first thing I tried. A:M doesn't crash when it first opens. It doesn't crash when I first open a model (default is wireframe mode). But the second I switch to shaded or shaded/wireframe it dies. If I open a new chor, switch to shaded all is well. Seems to only be existing models that have an issue. As a test I created a new simple model in wireframe then switched to shaded and things were honky dorey.

Could someone take this model below and see if they have issues in v18??

PappaBear2008RigFinal_WithShirtV6.mdl

Hi Paul

PappBear opens just fine here and switching view modes is fine too.

He's a great looking character!

My only comments would be that some of the rigging/CP weighting is a bit off in places, most noticeably around the shoulders.

He also opens in an Action or Chor hovering in the 10cm air! and the front of the shirt is in his chest.

The bones all look in the right places in the model so it might be that you've inadvertently moved some, like the BodyNull, when setting up a pose or something? So when he opens in a Chor/Action the null jumps up 10cm.

Hi Paul

PappBear opens just fine here and switching view modes is fine too.

He's a great looking character!

My only comments would be that some of the rigging/CP weighting is a bit off in places, most noticeably around the shoulders.

He also opens in an Action or Chor hovering in the 10cm air! and the front of the shirt is in his chest.

The bones all look in the right places in the model so it might be that you've inadvertently moved some, like the BodyNull, when setting up a pose or something? So when he opens in a Chor/Action the null jumps up 10cm.

Mark, first, then I need to figure out why I can't open him in v18.

I haven't finished the cp weighting on the shoulders, started low and am working my way up. Also the issue with actions and chors not jibing with the model view is a puzzler. I noticed it a few days ago and can't ascertain why the shirt is misbehaving and why he floats when placed in the action and chor windows.

Update!

Decided to see if there was something in particular with Papa Bear, so I fired up V18, Opened the library and imported a few models. Opened Eddie in shaded mode, works great. Opened the Giraffe and A:M crashes. Open the Knight, all good. Open KeeKat, and crash.

I need to figure this out. Should a report be made, if so how do I get my log on enabled??

Well now that is perplexing.

I have one thought and it may be a bit of a long shot but…

The models you list along with Pappa Bear as troublesome all use decals, the others don't.

Maybe your A:M is having problems loading the images for those decals and that's what's causing it to crash?

You could perhaps try this theory out with some other models.

Here's my copy of KeyKat, slightly renamed, maybe try loading him and skip over loading the images when asked and see if he works.

TESTKeeKat.mdl

• Developer
Decided to see if there was something in particular with Papa Bear, so I fired up V18, Opened the library and imported a few models. Opened Eddie in shaded mode, works great. Opened the Giraffe and A:M crashes. Open the Knight, all good. Open KeeKat, and crash.

Maybe a problem with decals, discovered also on Nvidia gpu's (v18a , which will fix this is on the way) , but I don't have a machine with a intel gpu, so I can't test this .

I need to figure this out. Should a report be made, if so how do I get my log on enabled??

The logfile is always written , no longer need to enable this extra . It's located in the A:M installation directory (master.log) .

Eureka! Decals are the issue. I was able to remove the decals from the Papa Bear Model, resaved (under a new name) closed A:M, restarted and loaded the model. Worked pefectly in shaded mode,

Maybe a problem with decals, discovered also on Nvidia gpu's (v18a , which will fix this is on the way) , but I don't have a machine with a intel gpu, so I can't test this .

I'll be happy to test the patch if you need me too.