Photo
- - - - -

HASH WIKI OLD What happened to all the info?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

Jacob Marley was right, Mankind is our business!

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Streamwood, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Windows

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

Before my computer was maliciously hacked and wiped late last year I had a wonderful collection of documents in digital files from the wikiold site. Things like Compositing, Ambient Occlusion, Etc.. not in video - but PRINTED (OR Prinable) format. Have these all become lost in time or were they moved. Any assistance is appreciated. P.S. I se links all over to the ARM...but that site is down. Cheers and thanks in advance for any assistance. Mark
MAJOR 2D ARTISTIC INSPIRATIONS: (Not in order) - Josh Middleton, Richard Corben, Juan Gimenez, Travis Charest, John Byrne, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Alphonse Mucha, Maxfield Parrish, Paul Calle, John William Waterhouse, Adam Hughes, James Gurney, Steve Hanks, Masamuni Shirow, Frank Miller, Brom, Mark Harrison (2000AD), Hajimi Sorayama,Paul Catling.

#2 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• A:M Helpdesk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois and/or Japan
  • subscriber
  • Win 8.1

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

I'm going to guess you refer to Matt' Bradbury's old 'A:M Features' wiki (the one remembered for it's excellent graphical representation of A:M)? Gone the way of the Dodo I fear. As Matt was it's creator perhaps he still has those and is willing to share. P.S. Reportedly, the A.R.M. site was hacked and because most of the links were broken anyway Vern didn't see a good reason to bring it back from the dead.
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

#3 robcat2075

robcat2075

unavoidable smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21399 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows
  • Programmer:NO

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

You may still be able to find ARM material via the Wayback machine at Archive.org

Robert Holmén
------
this is only a ... my gallery of A:M tests

81,263 pushed!: the #1 heavy push on Youtube

I'm a 2D wannabe: heads-a-dozen

my tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

I solved your problem? buy me something (used is OK!) Big thanks to... NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#4 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Windows

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

You may still be able to find ARM material via the Wayback machine at Archive.org

Wayback machine (like with the penguin and the walrus and the scientist)? Archive.org?

A little more detail to where I need to look please. Thanks in advance
MAJOR 2D ARTISTIC INSPIRATIONS: (Not in order) - Josh Middleton, Richard Corben, Juan Gimenez, Travis Charest, John Byrne, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Alphonse Mucha, Maxfield Parrish, Paul Calle, John William Waterhouse, Adam Hughes, James Gurney, Steve Hanks, Masamuni Shirow, Frank Miller, Brom, Mark Harrison (2000AD), Hajimi Sorayama,Paul Catling.

#5 robcat2075

robcat2075

unavoidable smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21399 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

Wayback machine (like with the penguin and the walrus and the scientist)? Archive.org?

A little more detail to where I need to look please. Thanks in advance

that's a web address on the intertubes

http://www.archive.org/

right on the front page is the "wayback machine"

you put your dead link in and it looks to see if it has a saved copy of it.

Robert Holmén
------

my tutorials All my most beloved tutorials in one convenient location. Except for the ones I've forgotten about.

I solved your problem? buy me something (used is OK!) Big thanks to... NancyGormezano, Roger, cribbidaj, thefreshestever, Tom, Dalemation, Simon Edmondson, thejobe, Rob_T (2 more x), agep (again!), itsjustme, jason1025(+1), dblhelix (+1),markw, Roger (3x!), mouseman (x 2!), Xtaz, agep, Gerry, thefreshestever, dblhelix (twice!), jason1025, Luuk Steitner, PDM, Rob_T and Dhar!

#6 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Windows

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

No dice on Mr. Wizard........ i contacted Matt and asked though.

#7 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Does anybody know the old URL? This is soooooo frustrating.

#8 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

:yay: Friggin Found it. here is one of them:

http://replay.waybac...lished/HomePage

Attached Files

#9 Fuchur

Fuchur

PatchWorker

• Hash Fellow
  • 4290 posts
  • Gerald Zum Gahr
  • Karlsruhe, Germany
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Just to mention it:
http://www.hash.com/faq/

See you
*Fuchur*
"I know, that I don't know."
See my projects, tutorials and much more at www.PatchWork3d.de
Name: Gerald Zum Gahr, alias Fuchur

Do want to see my favorite A:M-images?
Best of A:M collected by Gerald Zum Gahr

Searching for a *.X-Exporter(DirectX) or a *.dts-Exporter(Torque) for A:M?
Exporter Page

And how can I export to *.FBX-files or other 3d- / game-engines?
FBX-Pipeline to Unity3d / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d

Need more converters? *.obj OBJ), *.lwo , *.act or *.dxf ?
Arthur Walaseks' Exporters

Searching for great and free plugins?
www.sgross.com by Steffen Gross

You are searching for tutorials? More video- and text-tutorials can be found here:
Tutorial section of PW3d

You want to make your own video tutorial?
Recommended Tools and Step By Step Instructions

"R M B" stands for "Right Mouse Button"!

#10 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

I salvaged what I could - some stuff had no pictures or no longer existed. One or two of the ones I salvaged have a missing picture or 2. B)

Attached Files

#11 robcat2075

robcat2075

unavoidable smarty-pants

• Hash Fellow
  • 21399 posts
  • Robert Holmén
  • *Moderator*
  • Dallas, Texas
  • v18
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

The wiki wasn't an official Hash thing, it was on someone's site, right?

Robert Holmén
------

#12 UNGLAUBLICHUSA

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

• Craftsman/Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • MARK DAVIDSON
  • Windows

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

I dunno, there were no credits on the web pages for who put the presentations together. At the time it was active - all the "TWO" stuff was being routed through it....so it was probably HASH. :huh:

#13 Rodney

Rodney

A:M Bot 14309

• A:M Helpdesk
  • 5011 posts
  • Rodney Baker
  • *Admin*
  • Illinois and/or Japan
  • subscriber
  • Win 8.1

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

That was Matt Bradbury's wiki which was for a time officially hosted by Hash Inc. I'd guess it was dropped for a number of reasons to include Matt heading off to college, Hash Inc moving to different servers, etc. Matt did a fine job putting those write-ups together didn't he!
See my effort to think about the art of animation at: My Blog
Want to learn A:M? Start TaoA:M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users