Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

11 second club

Hi everybody ...

As the Dhar I am also using the new version of Sam in the competition of 11 second club ... Any advice is welcome...

Transcript

Voice One: "It's unbelievable. The director has actually torn up a huge section of my music. But it's perfect as it is! I can't... rewrite what's perfect?"

11sec_march_xtaz.mov

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Here's a general thing: Don't pose the eyes in the default, straight-out-of-the-head position. It makes for very dead expressions so as a rule just never, never do it. There are exceedingly few situations where head and eyes pointed in the exact same direction are the best solution.

Here are nine shots of Scarecrow with nothing posed except the the head and eyeaimer bones. (You'll have to look at it full size to see clearly)

EyeAiming.jpg

He's looking in the same direction in each one and yet each one suggests a different nuance of thought about what he is looking at. And all of them are more alive looking than the one in the center which has both head and eyes in their default position.

Eyes that stay locked in the center look zombie-ish, offset eyes indicate a thinking, alive person.

Good start. I'd suggest moving more of his arm (rather than wrist/hand) on the word "unbelievable". I also think the emotion in the words deserve a closer camera angle.....possibly only face and shoulders.

Thank you very much friends ...

Robcat, I didn't work with his facial expression and lip synch yet but I'll maintain your tips in mynd ( my mind :) .. it will help a lot...

Suggestions noted Ken ...

progress coming ...