Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Light Inside a Model Makes Preview and Render Don't Match (too much...)

Ramón López

...HELLO! As you can see from left to right, I have a simple Model inside I've created a simple (50% intensity, BTW...) light, then you can see how its represented in the realtime view and more or less that's how I'd like it appears, and finally what I get when I make a Render instead...

post-8502-1191560110_thumb.jpg

And (as always :)) I don't know if I'm missing something although I have played whit all the options I have found... Well, the case is that if I add a simple Bulb light inside a model, it seems like if this light be added to the "default" light that any model has, so in real time view I obtain that I wanted to get, but when I render I obtain a double? iluminated object...

So, could be an option somewhere or something that I'm missing to aboid that and get a render image more similar to the center preview one? I'm sure the solution must be there but for some reason I can't find it, so if you can... THANKS in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm... I'm afraid the gamma always have been adjusted and never (well, except the first days of v.14 as all of us I think :rolleyes:) have caused a problem to my renders... Anyway I have been play with it just in case and nothing seems to change respect the over/double ilumination, but at least we can rule out this one so, and as I said avobe, THANKS for the quick try! :)

Well, I've been looking for any solution but nothing :( ...I've created a simple primitive sfere to avoid that any other factors can take part in the results, and well, you can see it...

post-8502-1191608252_thumb.jpg

Justly the same as I feared... Well, of course I was still hopping get the third rendered image has a similar aparience that the preview one in the center, cause I asume the program must "deactivate" (or at least provide you an option to can do it manually) any automatic ilumination once you add some customiced light, isn't? And, in fact, it seems to do it well in real time previews but not in final renders... think that make me more curious about that...

So I still think I must be missing something or... even misunderstunding the pourpose to add a light to a model?? Hmmm... although I don't think so cause a light is a light and the result should be the expeted or similar at least... Or, in the other hand, should I star to consider to reporter it as a bug? Well, anyway I wanted to be totally sure befere that happens and cause of this I have upload that simple project just in case you want download it and make a quick test to see it with your own eyes and post any thought...

Light_Inside_a_Model_02.prj

...It seems like an important issue and I'd be very gratefull! :)