Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

VW Beetle 69

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful model Marcos! What is the story behind it? personal project? Could you give me a hint to where to find/buy the IBL maps you use?

This is really a beautiful model, well splined.

On the contest render...

-Tire and footboard grey texture is a bit flat.

-Floor doesn't match imo, look flat and out of focus.

-Mud splash are a real nice touch! But they seem to splash parts and not others.

Great great work!

Why not make your own IBL images? All you need is two tripods, a reflective sphere, and a digital camera that you can set the exposures with.

Could you render out an image in IBL Spline mode with the windows not on the model so we can see the insides? You also might want to do a little bluring on the background if you're going to use that high of a resolution.

Beautiful model Marcos! What is the story behind it? personal project? Could you give me a hint to where to find/buy the IBL maps you use?

Hi Stian !!! Congratulation for your 1st Place .. you deserved it ...

I modeled it exclusively for mech contest ...

You can find HDR images to buy here Dosch Design

Did you also model the interior?

I'm spending my free time modeling it .... maybe i finish it in 1 week ..

Thanks !!!!

Your VW is outstanding and was one of the models I voted for. Actually all four of the models I voted for won.

I wish I could model cars as well as you do. The texturing on it is great. I have painted a car or two outdoors, and the paint job ended up looking just like yours. Not sure if you meant it to look like orange peel or not, but it still looks great.

There were a couple of things that were kind of nagging at me and I finally figured out what they are. Looking at photos of other '69 VWs, the front headlights don't look quite right. The chrome trim rings should be a bit larger at the top and narrow at the bottom, so it is on more of an angle where it is attached to the fenders.

69VW.jpg 1969 VW

The bumpers on your VW look more like an early to mid 60's VW, like the picture below.

66vw.jpg 1966 VW

Keep up the great work and would like to see more from you...

Al