Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"Getting Started"

mtpeak2

Hi everybody, thanks for joining in on this exercise.

I'd like to start by thanking everyone involved in making this possible. David Simmons, Mark Strohbehn, the Hash team and everyone else who has contributed, Thanks.

In the zip folder I will be posting, I provided a project file, an unboned model (JD), the five finger posable squetch installation rig, the "install rig" plug-in and David's text file for recompensating the rig.

First thing you need to do is place the "install rig" plug-in in the hxt folder of the version of A:M you are using. (v13 or v14) You must, at least, use v13s or v14beta2 in order to use the posable rig.

In each post, I will post an image with the final bone placement, with a short description. I'm not going into extreme details of the process or why I placed bones where I did (you can ask later). This is just to get you familiar with the posable rig and to give you a general idea of where to place the bones.

Here is an image of our victim.......I mean JD.

JD.jpg

Rig_Along_With_Me_Final_Update.zip

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is GREAT! And, for myself, I can't believe the timing is so good (I was preparing to face this stuff by myself when this happened).

Purely out of curiosity, what AM version are you using?

Thanks,

Rusty

David and I have found a few errors in the five fingered version of the posable rig, we will have an update soon, probably tomorrow (we need to retest and double check everything). As long as if you did not export your model, this is not a problem. All you would have to do is, open the "JD_nobones" model again and import the updated rig. Then save as the "JD_install" model (override it). Then when you reopen the rigging JD project, you will have the newly updated rig. Sorry for the inconvience.

I will also post a four fingered version.

CRITICAL UPDATE

This version has a fix to the expression problem in the squetch rig relationships.

Also, recompensated a constraint in the installation constraints pose. (this affects STEP 2)

Rescale the head install bone to match the height of the base bone (confusion on which bone to scale the base bone)

Increase the Y translation pose to -1800 to +1800 for the white leg install bones (seems people had problems with this)

Added four fingered version.

I will update the STEP threads to match the new update. (updated images)

Double check STEP 1 for base bone scale.

Double check all poses in STEP 2

Double check STEP 5

I recommend starting over with the new update, it's easy, since I give all the answers in the images. ;)

If you want to continue with your current installation, here's what you do:

Open the rig along with me project or open the JD_nobones model, import the new rig into the JD_nobones model and "save as" the original "JD_install model that I had you save (override it). Reopen the rigging JD project that contains the action install. The action will have the updated rig. Double check all the steps and make sure everything looks ok. Sorry for the inconvenience.

First post has been update with the new rig.

I uploaded a new version of the "rig along with me" project. The rigs have David's lastest updates and it has the fix for the mouth install problem.

Barring no more problems with installation, this will be the last update for the "Rig along with Me" project. Any future updates to the rig will be posted elsewhere.

Thanks for your patiences in working out all the problems.

I uploaded a new version of the "rig along with me" project. The rigs have David's lastest updates and it has the fix for the mouth install problem.

Barring no more problems with installation, this will be the last update for the "Rig along with Me" project. Any future updates to the rig will be posted elsewhere.

Thanks for your patiences in working out all the problems.

The latest upload appears to have a little problem; if you follow your directions you will wind up with two squetch rigs because the Rig_Along_With_Md.prj already has the rig imported.

Rusty

Sorry Rusty, I fixed it, redownload it. Feel free to set me straight, if you find more problems.

Boy, do I feel stupid.....again. I just had too many things going on lately, I need to slow down a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...