Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Movie goes out of sync

AJS007

Hi Folks ...

I added some audio to Keekat and everything appears OK in preview (choreography).

When rendered, the audio appears to have shifted over time, and finishes befor the character.

After the first render I noticed the problem.

My initial thoughts were based on frame count (FPS) as I've seen similar converting NTSC to PAL videos.

Also, I remembered that I'd originally created the project at 24 FPS (in v11.1) and then loaded it into 2007 defaulted at 30 FPS.

So I checked everything and I reset 2007 to 24 FPS in Options and in the render setup of the .mov

But ... the file sizes were the same and I still have the audio finishing early.

I was going to delete the sync and reset it all up but thought I'd post first.

Any ideas ??

I've enclosed the rendered movie and a screen capture of the preview for comparison.

Thanks in advance

PS. I know there's a crease on the right wrist but I was going to fix it when I resolved the render issue.

joe1.mov

joescreen.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The audio in the rendered clip is sped up. You can tell that it's higher pitched. On the other version, it's normal. Don't know what would cause that to happen, though.

In the end I edited the audio in Ulead VideoStudio 10

Added the movie, seperated out the audio, added my original audio and some titles .. and saved it - Not really a fix !! :-(

The movie can be viewed here -

http://www.cwazywabbit.co.uk/animation/movies/saythat.mpg

Please feel free to tell me what the problem was ...

They seem to be sampled at different rates, at some point one of them went through a render with some bad settings.

Joescreen is sampled at 22,050 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, 00:00:06:29

Joe1 is sampled at 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, 00:00:07:25

I would resync to your original source file if you have it.

In the end I edited the audio in Ulead VideoStudio 10

Added the movie, seperated out the audio, added my original audio and some titles .. and saved it - Not really a fix !! :-(

Not a fix, but definitely a better workflow. (Rendering to MOV/AVI is really just for quick previews, in my opinion)

As far as what happened with your a/v synch...is your source uncompressed? A:M only handles uncompressed WAV files.

It could also be your quicktime output settings. I have noticed that some quicktime a/v codecs lose synchronization on slower computers, or sometimes even from converting between codecs or just for no reason at all.

I always use sorenson3 with uncompressed audio for quicktime output when previewing, no probs.

The real answer - it could be any one of a myriad of possible reasons; and w/o sitting down in front of your computer these are all blind guesses. Since nobody else has claimed to have encountered this yet, there's a very good chance it is not a problem within A:M.

Glad you found a way around it!