Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need Modelling Help

T-Dogg

I am modelling a head, and I am having problems with creases around the neck, eyes, and mouth. I've attached some pictures so you can what I am talking about. I have only had A:M for a couple of months, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.[attachmentid=16782][attachmentid=16783][attachmentid=16784][attachmentid=16785]

I ran out of pace for that post, so here are the side views. :) [attachmentid=16787][attachmentid=16788]

post-8893-1147780304_thumb.jpg

post-8893-1147780329_thumb.jpg

post-8893-1147780350_thumb.jpg

post-8893-1147780377_thumb.jpg

post-8893-1147780611_thumb.jpg

post-8893-1147780630_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is an illegal operation in AM....or rather it will create a crease in the patch. The mouth has similar mistakes and I can't see where you mean on the neck. But it's a good model for only a few months.

AM_Head_3.jpg

Thanks, Ken. That really helped me out a lot! I went back and tried to find and correct all those areas... and no more creases! I tried to re-shape everything the way it was before I made the changes. This is my progress so far.[attachmentid=16793][attachmentid=16794]

post-8893-1147800521_thumb.jpg

post-8893-1147800543_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, Rusty! By the way, that texturing tutorial on your site should come in very handy. :D I used front and side pictures of my friend's face as rotoscopes for modelling (although for some reason my model still doesn't seem to be a very good likeness of him), so I guess I can use those same pictures to make my maps with.

That's a very good job if you are new to AM which it looks like you are from the number of forum posts. Anzovin Studios sells a CD called "Modeling a Face" by Bill Young -- this is very good. Not only do you wind up with something that looks like the rotoscope but it is also constructed to animate well.

Thanks for the kind words on my tut.

Cheers,

Rusty

Yes, I am very new to A:M. I received it in the mail during the first week of March. I think the book that comes with it does a very good job of explaining the basics. I also got a couple of Studio45 disks with it, but I think they are a little dated. Training material for A:M seems scarce compared to other programs I've seen. The Anzovin site you mentioned looks pretty good though. I am planning to get the A:M 2005 handbook that is due to be released this month, as well.

My goal is to produce my own cel-shaded animations, or perhaps a comic. I've had several ideas floating around in my head for years. I think A:M is just the tool to help me finally get around to actually producing them. :D