Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

ANIMATION WIP

This should be viewed as fan movie (characters and concepts are undoubtably copyrighed), byt I came out with the idea and I had to make it...

I made the characters long time ago, but I had them re - rigged for the animation...

I've animated first two sequences and then I had other things to do, sooooo, this post is probably the way to get things started again...

As I finish the sequences I will post them, and of course everyone around here is invited for comment (PLEASE)

So, first sequence comes your way!

Drvarceto

p.s. no voices, sound effects (or any sound for that matter) yet!

MIKKE_1seq_HQ.mov

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the movie! I always get problems when I upload the files...

One more thing! there should be some volumetric fog etc in the backgound, and light setup is ... ehem... not yet finished, but I think that you'll get the idea...

Drvarceto

Second sequence...

In the meanwhile I've rerigged the face od the Light and animation artefacts (pieces of muth entering head etc will be gone - in the next rendering)

I am redesigning the characers, so that in the finished short they will look diferently (and hopefully I could use it for personal promotion)

I hope that you'll like this...

(Your comments please!)

Drvarceto

MIKKE_2seq_HQ.mov

Are my anims that bad ?!?

I felt that I did just a good job and I can see that people bothered to download them... but ... no comments ... boo ... hooo ... snifff....

I am aware that I shouldn't whine, but I put some serious effort here ...

sniff

sniff

Drvarceto

p.s. thanks Michael

I like these, Whats the background story? I'd like to see what It's about, Short but sweet! The lighting is dramatic and the animation is smooth yet snappy (aka good!)

Keep us posted

Nixie

Initially what bothered me on Mickey was that bright spotty specularity. Do you definatly need that?

As far as the animation.... looks like it will be fun to watch.

Keep us posted

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Its a bit hard to comment on such short snippets. But my impression is that the characters have a definite evil look to them, and Mickey is reminiscent of the very early 1930's version of him (hope thats what you're going for). The specularity & lighting tends to give them a squeaky, creepy, soft-plastic-rubbery look. But maybe just a bit too much? If that's what you want - keep it. Otherwise....need more footage to be able to really get a sense of what you're trying for.

Hey! Thanks!

This is what is called 'saved in the last moment' - the short movie that I started, I mean...

Thing is... I started it as an animation exercise, but I think that it should last for about 3 mins (a waaaay lot of work), and having in mind that I cannot promote it (Mickey is... well... Mickey) I felt that there is no point in continuing the work on it... for simple reason that it probably will stay in this forum.

Specularity will be dealt with... in time, when I get to it.

I intended for the 30's look, beacuse I felt that design of the character, which is simplicity itself will help me to focus on the main points of the animation, and not the unnecessary make up...

re short snippets... I don't have web site where I can publish longer stuff... I haven't tried to make link to my site on the geocities... will that work?

Thank you for the comments! It kinda filled my bateries up...

Expect 3rd sequence in a few days (it will be longer shot that will make everything clear)

Drvarceto

The models look very well done and faithful to the originals. In my mind I am imagining what the story will be - some conflict between the two characters?

The animation looks quite impressive too so far. Look forward to the third shot :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here is long overdue update to the animation...

I'll try to post its sequel in a few hours (when the rendering is done), and maybe even the next sequence, and then (in a next few days) I'll try to add music and sound effects and see how the things will came out...

So, here we are: (not much action in this one)

Drvarceto

MIKKE_3seqA.mov

It's an interesting & intriguing shot - peaks my interest & makes me want to know what's going on in the hole...

1 criticism would be that Mickey's right arm is moving too much in sync with the camera movement - would be best to isolate the movements - or have some more interesting movement going on with Mickey - timing wise & action wise (looks too even, need more variation)

I just couldn't resist to post this one...

It is not rendered, just a real - time preview, but it is an action!!!

Hope that you'll like this one...

Drvarceto

p.s this animation is far from over!!! It has just begun!!! There will be blood' n' guts everywhere afore it is finished!!!

MIKKE_4_Seq.mov