Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tomato looking for critique

Obnomauk

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice character - It's hard to critique when you don't know the overall style of the piece. Technically it seems every bit as good as I would expect from you. One suggestion I do have is the hands are very human and I wonder if you've considered hands like leaves.

leafhand.jpg

Hey that's looking pretty cool!

Only I wonder his suit jacket seems to be expensive and perfectly tailored to him but his pants are very ill fitting and baggy. Maybe he should throw himself at his tailor and either get the jacke let out a bit or the legs of the pants shortened a bit, depeneding on which look he's going for.

Just seems a little odd to me.

anyway just my $.02

-Drakk

• 1 month later...
Hey that's looking pretty cool!

Only I wonder his suit  jacket seems to be expensive and perfectly tailored to him but his pants are very ill fitting and baggy.  Maybe he should throw himself at his tailor and either get the jacke let out a bit or  the legs of the pants shortened a  bit, depeneding on which look he's going for.

Just seems a little odd to me.

anyway just my $.02

-Drakk

Yeah, I see your point. His slacks should fit better, if he's a natty-dressing heavy dude, or else his jacket should be baggier [if he's a slothful goon].

I like the suit the way it fits. It reminds me of when I used to shop at the Salvation Army ... the coat would fit great and the pants would either be way too long and baggy or major highwaters and skin tight. I bought them anyway.

It gives this guy the air of ... yeah I'm cool, when he really isn't.

Doug

Like the baggy pants, pretty much for reasons expressed earlier.

But the hands still bother me and I figured out why: they don't "match" the body. If the hands were larger and the fingers thicker I feel it would add to the whole character. Unless the smallish (relatively) hands are intention. In that case, nevermind.

I like this dude, in any case. Good work!

Hey pretty cool character. Looks like a real ruff n tuff type. His hands look like the hands of a pencil neck geek though. Try making them a little more like hammers. the character looks like he'd be ready to knock your lights out if you look at him wrong or tell a bad ketchup joke.

Fun character though.

Mike Fitz

Everyone seems to agree that the hands are a bit too anemic looking so I'll be using the good old Puzh plug-in to beef them up a bit. :)

The colors are really just there as place holders so I'll worry more about that as i actually start textureing things.

Thanks for all the feedback!

-David Rogers