Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Mach 5 (Speed Racer's Car)

Well, I went as far as I was going to go with this project. I'm supposed to be learning animation not building cars, so I stopped tweaking. I learned a lot by doing it, the next time I do a car I'll do a bunch of things different.

I was going to decal a second version to be a kind of formula 1 racing car, I may still do that for fun - with sponsorships on it and the whole deal.

Anyway, here is my first rendered still, the car is pretty much complete as I said. This is using one of Yves 25 light skylights with a 16 pass render. I don't think its centered but oh well.

Took about an hour to render. I'll do a couple more from different angles and post them when I get a chance. Let me know what you think!

Tom

post-8-1111793490.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it Tom, good work!

HEY! Maybe you should do-up a nice render of it and enter it into the image contest!!?

Why not...?

Better yet- (brainstorming) Lets do a combined effort! You supply the car, I'LL put on of my V11 ultra-bimbo's posing on it...kinda like a motorcycle magazine or something! Your part will be the SCI-FI, mine will be the fantasy...

JUST an idea...

see avatar for example

LOL John! Love the idea! Was thinking of submitting it - it totally is a fantasy car - pm me if you really want to and we can figure out how to do it! It has to be as tasteful as a bimbo on a car can be though :) More fun than sexual if you get my drift ;)

Tom

A rear shot, didn't come out as well. I need to get some materials for the floor (carpet or something) and seats (some kind of synthetic leather or something) and probably the dash and door insides - metal is not good there!

I kind of stopped doing much in the cockpit since you can't really see in, but you kind of can here.

post-8-1111799319.jpg

The mach 5 looks very nice.. like the overall dynamic shape, its very smooth :D Also like the rear end.. The paint is might a bit bright though (atleast on my monitor).. Keep up the good work :D

Good job, pixelmech! Apart from the other minor quibbles already mentioned, it looks like there's a slight crease in the body right near the top of the door frame, and the headlights are the wrong color... :)

But still a damn fine job. Kudos!

Thanks guys! Yeah, there is an issue by the door because I didn't do a good job of breaking the door out and making it an actual door so it can open. I just don't have the time to redo it now. I almost wish I could start it over - but I'm not going there!

I like it! The rims look sensational now with all those reflection. That chick is meant for carshows too. I wonder if one day all the great car modellers in this forum would like to do a virtual carshow, with all their cars in platforms and 3d chicks presenting them... wouldn't that be nice! A good group proyect.

Sorry so long in replying Stian - the chrome is the one I got from that free AM materials website (not the CD), not sure of the link but if you still need it let me know - looks like you are there with your car now based on the McLaren thread. It didn't actually look that good until Matt rendered it in his scene - didn't look so good (or as good) in my "black" render.

The paint is Colin's 'basic metal' from the materials forum area - colored white of course. BTW your car came out awesome, it continues to get better and better!

Tom