Hash, Inc. Forums

Fleischer Studios' Superman

largento

• Hash Fellow

Looks cool!

My crit would be that the fingers are bending in the wrong place. The separation of the fingers should not extend up to the first knuckle. It actually only goes about halfway up from the second knuckle.

Thanks!

Yeah, I kinda threw the hand together and exported it from an action. Need to do a proper one for instances like this when I get inspired when I'm supposed to be doing real work. :-)

Here's a turnaround with wireframe. I hadn't planned on doing this model. I always start with the head and do the body later, but this one started with the body. Made some different choices with modeling than I normally do, too. Was really trying to get it done quickly.

superturn0.jpg

Thanks, David!

Superman has changed a lot over the years. I always thought Joe Shuster's original Superman looked like a short, scrappy guy. I don't know if that had to do with the shorts or not. After Shuster, Wayne Boring came along and gave him a ridiculous barrel chest and tiny head that lasted into Curt Swan's time. I'm thinking Curt may have been the artist that lowered the belt line.

Every time I see old movies with suits with those high pants that seem to come up to their armpits, I always think how weird that must feel.

• 3 months later...
  • Hash Fellow

I know I am late to this but I am going to have to steal your spline technique. I love the simplicity of it.

Mark is the very model of economical, well-placed splining.

Every time I see old movies with suits with those high pants that seem to come up to their armpits, I always think how weird that must feel.

Men caught with their pants up...

pants.jpg