Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation:Master continues to impress

Rodney

• Admin

Even after years of using A:M I find myself continually impressed by the breadth of features that are at our disposal.

I was recently looking for a simple video/editor/viewer to do some basic reorganization of rendered frames (also from A:M) and thought to use A:M's own Choreography based linear editor.

Needless to say it outperformed my expectations.

I even discovered a few new things too.

For instance, I didn't realize or had most certainly forgotten that saving out an Action of what I had edited together in the video actually could be reutilized (or just saved so that I could return to that earlier editing point).

Did I run into any snags? Not really, although I do wish I could use some form of 'Save As Animation' via the Chor that is similar to the one used for resaving image sequences into other formats because I'd prefer not to rerender images that have already been rendered where possible. I do realize that due to my realtime editing/adjustment of the video sequences that new sequence would require some serious manipulation... and even replication/removal... of other frames in the source sequences and that is something of a tall order...but importantly (I think) it'd be copy/delete/sort operations rather than rerendering. In the end I suppose it's a small price to pay to rerender all the frames once they are in perfect order and this allows for additional compositing effects too. As I often stumble upon other cool things in A::M I do occasionally wonder if A:M already has one of those shortcuts too. ;)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic